What makes us special?
We not only aim to guide you through humane and unforgettable experiences, but also to offer you the same kind of careful and generous attention you’d expect from a family member.
Let's team up!
The 6 Hubu principles
Our core principles are derived from the Ubuntu philosophy.
We are all connected.
- We are one.
- We see our reflection in the other.
- We put ourselves in others’ shoes.
We are engaged in a common vision
- We support each other.
- We go above and beyond our role for the common good.
- We are all in the same boat.
We are stronger together.
- We share our stories.
- We seek connections.
- We listen actively for a better understanding.
We generate conversations.
- If we’re wondering about it, then we must talk about it.
- We see feedback as our greatest gift.
- We avoid the unspoken; instead, we address difficult issues head on.
We courageously embrace imperfection.
- We face the unknown and take risks, in spite of the emotional exposure it entails.
- We speak up about our issues because we know that only known problems can be addressed.
- We face reality with courage and humility.
We see the good in everyone.
- We know 99% of people have good intention.
- We focus on the positive, which brings to light even more positive.
- We practice and prioritize acknowledgment.
The Hubu Team
Cofounder – Experience Creator
Gabriel has been a competitor on the international circuit of Red Bull Ice Cross since 2014 and is currently ranked in the top 30 in the world. Drawing from the wealthy baggage of his athletic career as well as his experience as an assistant coach at the Ecole d’Entrepreneurship de Beauce, Gabriel has been facilitating team building events since 2017, often connecting the world of high-performance sports to that of the teams and organisations he works with. His rigor, discipline and applied creativity set him apart when it comes to designing new experiences with and for Hubu collaborators.
Cofounder – Professional Coach
Daniel has been working alongside teams and organizations around the world since 2009. He has, most notably, taken part in missions in more than 15 countries in Africa alone. A trained Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), he can quickly assess the stakes and needs of the teams he works with. He is, fundamentally, a “connector”—that is to say that he possesses the ability to help people access their authentic self, thus enabling true openness, discovery and connection. Daniel knows how to truly get the conversation flowing to ensure that colleagues and teammates get talking about the real stuff.
Hubu : Because We Are.
The name “Hubu” comes from the combination of the word “hub” and the abbreviation of “Ubuntu”, an African philosophy that means “I am because we are”. Furthermore, “hu” + “bu” means “human business” and it’s our mission to make organizations more human.